Monday 15 April 2013

Worldwide Wardrobe 2013 Competition.

I thought I would enter the Worldwide Wardrobe competition TravelSupermarket.com are currently running as I love planning dream outfits and putting all of the different pieces together, especially when it's all done through the internet and you don't have to drain the bank even slightly. It's much nicer.

TravelSupermarket have launched an incredible competition which, combines a love of travel with a love of fashion and they have challenged fashion bloggers to put together five outfits to wear in five different destinations enjoying various activities, with a budget of £200 per outfit.  Each category winner will win a dream trip to the destination their outfit was inspired by, plus £200 to buy the outfit. You can enter all five categories, or just one or two, it's entirely up to you how you want to challenge yourself.

The activities and destinations are:
  • sightseeing in Paris
  • clubbing in Ibiza
  • shopping in London
  • cocktails in New York
  • partying at a Full Moon party in Thailand.
I have decided to enter the two categories; sightseeing in Paris and cocktails in New York as Paris and New York are my two dream locations and I have never been to either of them before so, I would be over the moon if I got the chance to go.

Outfit One: Cocktails in New York.


Vicky Lilac Dress- £65: Jones and Jones. Lilac Rose Headband- £20: Crown and Glory. Nude Peep Toe Heels- £34.99: Missguided. Embroidered Clutch- £45: Accessorize. Black Multi-Glitter Nail Paint- £2.99: Barry M. Geisha Charm Bracelets- £8: Accessorize.

Total Cost = £175.98
 
As I mentioned, I absolutely adore New York and for the last five years it has been my dream to go. It just looks so exciting and sophisticated and stunning with all the bright lights of the city. I also love getting dressed up and having girly cocktails however, I realise I am 19 which, although is fine to drink cocktails here, I know you have to be 21 in America so, I'm not sure what would happen there. I thought I would still enter though as I would love to just go to New York for any reason.  I went with a very pretty, girly outfit which, I thought would be perfect for cocktails and I chose this gorgeous, dainty, feminine Vicky dress from jones and jones which, I thought would be the perfect little cocktail dress as it just looks so glamorous and expensive. I went with a pastel theme as I love the pastel trend at the moment and I also love the pretty lace detailing and lilac colour of this dress. I thought it would work perfectly with this beautiful lilac rose crown from Crown and Glory in your hair to be a bit different and to turn a few heads like Carrie Bradshaw would. Then I thought I would add some more sophisticated accessories to suit the New York location with this gorgeous embellished clutch from Accessorize, pop on these elegant Nude Peep toe heels from Missguided, paint the nails black and slip on this cute, fun, quirky  geisha charm bracelet from Accessorize.
 
Outfit Two: Sightseeing in Paris.
  
 
Felt Boater: £20 - ASOS. Parisian Black Pinafore Dress: £22.99- New Look.
Vero Moda Stripe Top: £12.50- ASOS. Round Black Sunglasses: £1.79- Ebay. Arabel Cut Out Studded Boots: £90 - Topshop. Beach Shack Nail Varnish: £5- Topshop. Bicycle Ring: £3.99- Ebay. Mustard Polka Dot Satchel: £19.99 - Daisy Street. Winnie The Pooh Disney Couture Necklace: £20 - Ebay.
 
Total Cost = £196.26
 
Sightseeing in Paris is another dream of mine. I would love to walk the nostalgic and beautiful streets of Paris popping in all of the little vintage clothes shops and amazing French patisseries and I thought this little outfit would be perfect to do just that in. I went with this really cute and great value little black pinafore dress from New Look which, is very appropriately called the Parisian Black Pinafore dress. I then paired it with this lovely French style striped top from ASOS; again perfect for Paris, as well as this lovely boater hat from ASOS too. Pop these amazing, chunky, studded cut out boots from Topshop on your feet and accessorise with these super cheap and quirky round sunglasses from ebay, this  adorable Winnie the Pooh umbrella necklace by Disney Couture and this cute, antique, French style bicycle ring. Finally, add a nice splash of summery colour to this monochrome outfit with some vibrant yellow nails and this lovely, cute and girly polka dot satchel from Daisy Street and you are good to go and explore the streets of Paris. 

I hope you enjoyed looking at my outfits and have fun making your own. The closing date for entries is 5th June 2013 so you have plenty of time to get your entries in and make sure to check out everyone else's ideas using the hashtag #worldwidewardrobe on Twitter!
 
Thankyou for reading!
Love Courts x 

No comments:

Post a Comment