Sunday 24 March 2013

Pesto and Pepper Gnocchi.



This Gnocchi is super tasty and super easy to make. It is probably one of the quickest, simplest and tastiest little meals I've ever made actually which, is why I love it so much. It literally takes like 15 minutes to whip up and has lots of flavour to it. I love pesto too but, not in massive doses which, is why this dish is lovely as it just has a light pesto-eey and cheesy flavour and the peppers add a lovely sweetness and bright vibrancy to the dish as well. I definitely recommend giving this dish a go and I'm sure I'll be making it all the time at Uni myself as it is really cheap to make with hardly any ingredients needed. It is also perfect served alongside some garlic bread so, if you do give it a go I hope you enjoy it and are as amazed as me that something so delicious and simple can be whipped up in barely any time at all!
 

Recipe
 
1 Pack of Gnocchi, 500g (65p Tesco)
1 Red Pepper (80p Tesco, currently two for £1)
1 Yellow Pepper (80p Tesco)
1 tbsp. Butter
3 tsp. reduced fat pesto (£1 Tesco)
50g Grated cheddar
 
Method
 
Chop the peppers into quite chunky pieces and place in a saucepan with the butter and cook over a medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes until softened slightly.
 
After about 10 minutes of cooking the peppers, place the Gnocchi in a pan of boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes until the gnocchi is softened and floats to the surface.
 
Drain the gnocchi. Tip the melted butter and pepper pieces into the gnocchi and stir.
 
Add 3 tsps. of pesto to the gnocchi and stir.
 
Then add the grated cheddar to the gnocchi and stir again as the cheese begins to melt. (I never actually weighed the cheese, I just put about 2 handfuls in so, feel free to add in as much as you want to make it as un-cheesy or cheesy as you like.)
 
Serve in a bowl topped with some more grated cheddar and serve alongside some garlic bread! Finally, enjoy!
 
Byee.
Thankyou for reading!
Love Courts x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment