Saturday 23 March 2013

Cream Tea Cupcakes.

 
 
A couple of weeks ago I made these very yummy cream tea cupcakes as a little Mother's Day gift. I also made my family a fried breakfast in the morning which, was quite an experience. It actually worked out really well in the end but, it got me running around the kitchen like a mad woman first trying to plate everything up and I also learned that fried eggs are really not my specialty. In fact, I am a terrible egg fryer. I'll stick to scrambled eggs from now on I think. Also, oil gets really hot... and spits ALOT!
 
Then in the evening I also made a Tortilla bake and some Enchiladas for tea which, were also very tasty as Mexican food always is so, I like to think I was quite a good daughter for my lovely Mum for the day.
 
These cupcakes were also delicious. They are very cute and girly and also really quick and easy to make which, is always great and they are basically like little scones, especially with the addition of the raisins and the crumbly texture of the cupcakes. Scones are always delicious and these cupcakes didn't disappoint either! Slathering anything with clotted cream and jam is a winner in my book.
 
Recipe
 
Makes 10 cupcakes
 
85g/ 3 oz butter, softened
85g/3 oz caster sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
85g/ 3 oz self-raising flour
1tbsp. milk
40g/ 1 1/2 oz raisins
 
To decorate -
115g/ 4 oz small strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 tbsp. strawberry jam
115g/ 4oz clotted cream
icing sugar, for dusting.
 

 
Method
Preheat the oven to 190C/ Gas Mark 5. Put 10 paper cases in a bun tray.
Place the butter and caster sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Sift in the flour and, using a metal spoon, fold gently into the mixture with the milk and raisins.
 
Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until risen, golden and just firm to touch. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
 
Using a serrated knife, cut a circle from the top of each cupcake. Gently mix together the strawberries with the strawberry jam and divide among the cupcakes. Top each with a small (or generous :P, whatever takes your fancy. Generous definitely took mine.) dollop of clotted cream and place the cupcake tops back on. Finally, dust with icing sugar and enjoy!
  
 Byee.
Thankyou for reading!
Love Courts x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment