Monday 19 November 2012

Listography: Six Songs Of Me.

Hello hello. I saw this post the other day on my friend Issy's blog; Life and Times of a Student and I was very excited to have a go at doing it myself as I love music. I hope she doesn't mind. I just thought it would be something I could do a quick post about without thieving my Dad's laptop for too long. Hurry up pay day! I need a new laptop! Dad is trying to convince me to wait until the January sales which sounds like a good idea but, realistically I don't know if I can wait that long. Anywayyy... on to some rather varied tastes in music I have had over the years.

1. What was the first song you ever bought?


Five - If Ya Gettin Down.

'Wiggy Wiggy I'm Gettin Jiggy'. Classic Five with their incredible lyrics. This was the first song I ever bought and I loved it. They were my favourite band when I was little along with S Club 7 ofcourse and Scott was also my first crush... what was I thinking? Abs was clearly the best. I still remember going to my friend Penny's birthday party when we were little and playing musical statues and musical chairs whilst listening to this amazing song. They were just brilliant. Keep On Moving. Don't Wanna Let You Go. Just Dance. Incredible. I can't believe how rude the lyrics are though, that's what my innocent five year old ears used to listen to. It's just like Spice Girls Two Become One all over again. 'Be a little bit wiser baby, put it on, put it on.' Seriously? You really think that advice is neccessary for your fanbase of 8 year olds.

2. What Song Always Gets You Dancing?


Olly Murs - Dance With Me Tonight.

I loveee this song. I have always wanted to Jive to it, as unusual as that may sound :/ I'm just a little perculiar. I guess most people wouldn't listen to a song normally and think, my god this song would be good to salsa to, or this song would be good to waltz to but there we go, me and my love of strictly ^_^. I just think it would be so fun to Jive to. I'd love to learn how to do some amazing dances; especially the Jive, Cha Cha and Charleston. Dani Harmer actually got to live out my dream by Jive-ing to this song on strictly the other week so I was very jealous. She did an amazing job and even got to wear an incredible outfit and it was all 50's themed which was completely me too. Damn. Maybe one day.

What song takes you back to your childhood?


S Club 7 - Bring It All Back

S Club 7 ofcourse! Could it really be anything else? I was absoloutely obssessed with S Club 7 when I was little and to be honest I still am a little bit. I even watched my LA7 videos the other day and loved every minute of it. Should I be ashamed of that at 18 years of age? Maybe I should but, I'm not. They're brilliant! I also listened to all 4 of their albums the other night on my ipod at work and they helped me through my long night shift and I still remember every lyric. I love Hannah. She is incredible. When I was little while my friends would say they wanted to be police men and doctors when they grew up, my dream was to be Hannah from S Club 7. 'Imagination is the key, cos you are your own destiny. You never should be lonely when time is on your side.'


4. What is your perfect love song?

You Me At Six - Crash.



This song is gorgeous and Josh's voice is beautiful singing it. It is actually one of my favourite songs ever and deffinately my favourite You Me At Six song. I would love Josh to serenade me with it. He is just beautiful. The lyrics are lovely and it just makes me feel really happy to listen to. It is just stunning and you will honestly fall in love with it when you hear it. I was lucky enough to hear Josh sing it live in April when I went to see You Me At Six in concert and they were incredible. I loved it! I can't believe I was originally only going as I was obsessed with Kids In Glass Houses who were one of the support acts and I wanted to see them sing their 5 or so songs. How silly I was. I adore You Me At Six now and they are one of my favourite bands. They just write such incredible songs and Sinners Never Sleep is one of the best albums I have ever heard.


5. What song would you want at your funeral?


Jimmy Eat World - Hear You Me.

This song is so sad, and so sweet and so gorgeous and it just makes me want to cry as soon as I hear it... in the best possible way. The lyrics are just so sad, beautiful and incredible. I first heard it a couple of years ago when I was watching a River Phoenix tribute video on youtube which, was sad in itself for me as my favourite film is Stand By Me and I love Rio but, then this song is also really emotional itself. I am a big fan of Jimmy Eat World and they have some amazing songs and I love the way they sing this one, it gives me chills. I have always said I would love this song to be played at my funeral ever since I first heard it, as morbid as that may sound :/. It's a tearjerker.


6. Time for the encore. One song that makes you you.




Jimmy Eat World - The Middle.

This is one of my favourite songs ever! I just feel that it completely represents me and how I feel alot of the time. I hope that doesn't sound cheesy. The lyrics are just amazing and inspirational and the song is so meaningful but it is also really upbeat and everyone loves it and knows it and knows the lyrics which is great. I love it. It's just really sweet and I love when you can relate to a song and when a song really means alot to you. It basically just tells you to be yourself, be happy with who you are and not let anyone else get you down or tell you your not good enough which I think is one of the best messages you could ever give someone as everyone feels like crap or feels down about themselves at some point and this song really cheers you up and makes you feel alot better about yourself. 'Live right now. Yeah, just be yourself. It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else.' - Best lyrics to a song ever!

Thankyou for reading and listening!

Love Courts x

No comments:

Post a Comment